Sundays around our house are for recharging. We very rarely have set plans, other than church. Our weeks, like I'm sure most others experience, are hectic, busy, & full. We are lazy most Sunday afternoons & don't feel guilty about it! The sky has been spitting snow all weekend, but not much of it has stuck. Snow that doesn't stick & weekend snow really seem useless for teachers. Just a tease. This afternoon at church our worship leader thanked God for the snow that was quieting the earth. I love that! It made me think about how our Sundays quiet our minds, lives, schedules, & all the junk from the previous week. They give us time to enjoy each other & reconnect. Sunday evenings we usually talk about what each of us has coming up during the week & start gearing up to hit the ground running on Monday morning. Sometimes our weeks are too hectic & we don't take the time to enjoy the moments we have. But Sundays? They quiet our earth.

Gorgeous. Hooray for lazy Sunday afternoons! Mine was manic... I fear a toddler hasn't any idea how to be "lazy." :) I also love the image of quieting the earth... Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI could use a few feet of snow in my life right now. I am busy, and have not taken the time to rest. I love the image of the sky spitting snow.
ReplyDelete