Tuesday, March 12, 2013

slice #12


I started a work-out program today offered through my school system.  The group meets in one of the elementary school gyms twice a week for circuit training.  The trainer said we would probably be sore tomorrow & definitely be sore Thursday.  I'm sore now!!  I jump-roped today for the first time in, oh, I can't even remember.  But, it was fun!  I got to spend time with teachers from different schools that I don't see that often, & I'd forgotten how great a stress reliever working out can be.

Here are my hopes for this program:
  • I hope I can walk without a limp tomorrow
  • I hope the session on Thursday will not add to the soreness
  • I hope this will lead me to a healthier lifestyle
  • I hope my journey to wellness continues past the end of the program

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your program, I'm sure you will achieve your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the most fun doing Zumba with some teachers from my school. You're right. WOrking out is a great stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun I wish our school would do something like that. The best we can do is walk during lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people find something fun to do to work out! I love to ski, hike, bike, rollerblade, zumba, and I always wonder why people force themselves to run on a treadmill, or do weights, or anything they hate instead of finding something that's FUN and active

    ReplyDelete