Saturday, March 9, 2013

slice #9

Yesterday afternoon I knew exactly what my Saturday would involve.  I was going to sleep in, catch up on laundry, straighten up messes leftover from the week, finish Hold Fast by Blue Balliett, & finish up a project creating a photo collage wall.  But, things didn't go as planned.

I woke up bright & early.  I only did one load of laundry.  I can still see the messes.  I didn't crack the cover of my book.  I don't see a hint of a photo collage wall.

What did I spend my day doing?  Since I was awake so early I was able to go eat breakfast with my husband before he went to work.  I don't know if that has ever happened on a Saturday before!  Up next was an unexpected lunch with my parents & grandmother.  Then, my sister & brother-in-law met us at my parents' house to tell us about their trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago, show us their pictures, & give us souvenirs.

So, no I didn't check anything off my to-do list, but I did spend precious time with some of the people I love most in this world.  I think I accomplished something worthwhile.

3 comments:

  1. You definitely accomplished a lot today! You did the important stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise! (and at least you have tomorrow to get to the rest of it) You were right to spend your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely great day - forget the laundry, the messes and even the book. Spending time with people you love is time well spent!

    ReplyDelete