Today finally felt like spring outside! My husband & I took the opportunity of a rare Saturday free (he plays in a band & is booked most Saturdays) to head over the mountains & visit Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. My grandparents give us season passes every year for Christmas, so we love to go & explore different aspects of the property. Today we didn't make it in time to visit the house & the gardens weren't in bloom. We did get to visit The Biltmore Legacy & see the exhibit highlighting the Vanderbilt's travel & collections for the first time. I'm always amazed at the artifacts on exhibit about their lives. Today we saw the prayer book Edith Vanderbilt is believed to have carried in their wedding, the rickshaw Cornelia Vanderbilt was carried into her debut party in, the massive Louis Vuitton trunk Edith used for traveling, one of the Harley-Davidson motorcycles used on the estate, & one of George Vanderbilt's travel journals. Talk about objects that tell stories!! I even learned that the Vanderbilts were originally booked to sail on the Titanic! I'm so grateful that we are given this gift every year that allows us to spend time at such a beautiful place!
http://www.biltmore.com/
And, wow, it's hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of the challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment