Sunday, March 24, 2013

slice #24

Last week was the first day of spring.  Today it has been cold & rainy & tonight we have snow in our forecast.  Snow!  I'm so past wanting snow.  I want sunshine, blue skies, & warm temperatures.  My husband & I had a conversation about this today & started listing some of the things we look forward to in summer.
* treats from snow shacks... snow cones/shave ice
* drive-in movies... definetely a favorite
* picnic suppers at the lake
* back road drives in our 1963 Corvair convertible
* Brown Mountain lights http://www.westernncattractions.com/brown-mountain-lights/
* Elkmont fireflies (one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in nature!!) http://www.nps.gov/grsm/naturescience/fireflies.htm

1 comment:

  1. How about just an end to the cold and snow? Today we were able to get outside for a walk...the first in weeks....but we too are thinking ahead to signs of warmth and warmer weather....after the snow expected tonight!

    ReplyDelete