Sunday, March 17, 2013
slice #17
I'm loving all the lists I've read that other slicers have shared... I'm all about making lists! I have a list in one of my writer's notebooks that is "100 things that make me happy." When I share it with my students the first few weeks of school I let them each choose a number, I read that item, & then tell them a little more about it. I wanted to share some of my happy things for today's slice, but couldn't decide which ones to write about. But then, we had Japanese for lunch, I loved my fortune, & decided to write about that. This evening I dug my fortune slip out of my purse, sat down to write, & the "lucky" numbers were showing from the back of the fortune. Hello, Happy List numbers! So here are six things that make me happy:
2: Toasted marshmallow & peanut butter sandwiches - my favorite food to eat from a campfire!! Have you ever tried them? Better than marshmallow creme & pb!
7: The color pink - when I was little, & really loved pink, my grandmother would make up stories for me about the little girl who loved pink & everything she had or came in contact with was pink.
9: Bracelets - I always have at least one bracelet on my arm. To me they are just a fun accessory & I have quite a collection to prove that! I have bracelets from my travels & that people have given me. I have one that I made using the vintage beads from one of my great-grandmother's necklaces & one that is a Wizard of Oz storyband stamped into a silver bangle. The more unique, the better!
13: Black & white beach photographs: one of my hobbies is photography & there is something beautiful to me about black & white prints, especially beach scenes.
15: Angel food cake - yum. I remember my grandmother baking them & putting the cake pan upside down on an old Coke bottle she used just for that purpose. In fact, I bet if I looked long enough in her kitchen I could still find it!
31: Stockings on Christmas morning - Santa still brings stockings for me, my sister, & our husbands! He is an excellent shopper & has trained his elves very well!
So, there you have it six things that make me happy & six lucky numbers for your use! Oh, the fortune on the front is, "We must always have old memories and young hopes." Yes, we must!
Labels:
slice13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment