Monday, March 4, 2013

slice #4



I have four favorite letters today.  M-A-U-I.  We are in the process of planning a return trip to Hawaii!!  We are traveling with my dearest friend & her husband, so I spent the afternoon at their house planning & dreaming of all things aloha!  We've all four been there before, & we're having fun comparing notes about what we want to do the same, different, or not at all. 

One thing we know for sure is we will definitely go whale watching.  Now, I am not an animal person.  At all.  We went whale watching on our first trip & I was instantly hooked!  They are now my favorite animal.  My friend & I drifted away from the condo sites to the Pacific Whale Foundation site.  These creatures amaze me.  One picture showed a baby jumping & it was completely horizontal.  Several showed a rainbow mist from the whale's blow hole! 

I can't think of many better ways to unwind after a Monday... fun company, gorgeous pictures of Hawaiian beaches, & virtual whale watching.  Lookout Hawaii!!!!

Here is a picture from our last trip:

5 comments:

  1. Jealous! I love whale watching, but have only done it in the Pacific NW - I can only imagine the beauty in Maui! How wonderful to have a respite in the middle of the long winter - just planning the trip must make you feel like you're there already. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I live vicariously through your travel adventures? Thanks for sharing your passion for whale watching and Hawaii with the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's a great way to unwind on Monday. We flew to Hawaii a few years ago and cruised to several islands. The whales swam beside our ship, it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several times on our whale watch that the boat had to stop because of how close the whale were. Amazing!!

      Delete
  4. Whale watching sounds amazing.
    The planning sounds as fun as the event. Well, not exactly. I always enjoyed the anticipation of a trip.
    All the best,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete