Tuesday, March 26, 2013
slice #26
Today called for an after-school nap. I love naps & always have. In fact, I refer to one of the extra bedrooms at my grandparents' house as my napping room. They keep the vent & door closed, so the room is always a little chillier than the rest of the house. The bed is extra cozy & the quilts extra thick. Chilly room plus cozy blankets plus squishy mattress equals perfect combo for a perfect nap. I, unfortunately, wasn't at their house today & had to make due with my own bed. Sometimes the urge for a nap hits me in the afternoon, but sometimes (like today) I can tell as soon as the day begins that a nap is in my future. I was home by 4:00, which is very unusual & probably asleep by 4:15. I didn't stir until my husband came home & woke me up about 7:00! I feel recharged & refreshed! Hopefully that will carry over into tomorrow & I'll be ready to power through the last 3 days before spring break!!!
Labels:
slice13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am the opposite. Though your description of the cool room and thick quilts is appealing. Just not for a nap. At night.
ReplyDeleteI love a good nap!
ReplyDeleteI love naps too. And I loved your equation for the perfect nap--such a good idea.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way yesterday--by 9 am, I already knew that I was going to have to come home and nap or go to sleep really early!
I love naps. My oldest and I curled up and took one today after school too!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous! I love naps. My husband used to race home from church every Sunday, eat, then lay down for a nap that lasted at least 2 hours. That was before our children arrived. Now, I am just always tired!
ReplyDeleteNaps are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Oh naps are just the greatest! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete