Thursday, March 14, 2013

slice #14



Thursday

There was a difference outside today that boosted my
Happiness meter.  I saw flowers pushing their way
Up through the earth.  Spring break is just around the corner &
Relaxation is my only plan.  The air was still chilly, but
Sunshine ruled the afternoon.  My
Drive to work allowed me to see the sun
Arrive & meet the day.
Yes, there was a difference outside today.

2 comments:

  1. Love your poem! I saw my first robin of the season today!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting to spot a robin in western NY and for spring to stay. It has stopped by a few times, but only for short visits. Love the hopefulness and peaceful tone to your poem. Acrostic poems are tough to write well. Yours flows nicely. I would like to share this with my students. So many like this format, but would benefit from solid mentors like yours. Thanks ~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete