I spent part of the afternoon helping my mom sort through boxes of my childhood. There were boxes of my clothes (many made by my grandmothers or mom) from when I was little & piles upon piles of toys! The goal of was to get rid of stuff, but it's just too hard to throw things out that are so firmly planted in my memories. One pile was like opening a time capsule of toys from the 80s. I loved it! There were Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, & Strawberry Shortcake dolls. There were dolls that my grandmother made for me for several Christmases in a row. These aren't just dolls... they are life-size, including an Annie & Sandy - as in Little Orphan Annie... remember the movie in the 80s? - with complete wardrobe. Needless to say, I now have 2 very large garbage bags full of memories. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them! I need a cute project to use the clothes with... I'm sure Pinterest can help me out with that!
We moved a lot... who knows where their clothes ended up!
This is Bippy. Bippy was my favorite!! I got her for my 2nd birthday & hardly ever put her down.
My grandfather bought me the doll on the left from a hospital gift shop. I think he must've come to pick me up from my parents who were visiting someone.
If I could spend everyday sorting through boxes from my childhood I would. I love sifting through memories... toys, photographs, school work.

Care Bears and Cabbage Patch Kids! Those scream 1980s. I believe I have some of those...somewhere...Nice memories!
ReplyDeleteIt brings back memories of my children's childhoods, and makes me smile to think they might care to someday see the boxes I saved to read you post!
ReplyDeleteI bet those Cabbage Patch dolls are originals from when they first came out. They may be valuable, even without their clothes. You might check ebay for clothes for them. You are lucky to have so many treasures from your childhood. I bet you could write some stories or even a list poem about some of these.
ReplyDeleteThose are great. Don't get rid of them. Keep all those memories.
ReplyDeleteI remember longing for my very own Cabbage Patch doll and had many things Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake. I wonder what happened to the Cabbage Patch doll.
ReplyDelete